Auction has ended.
Vintage Surf Board made in Venice, California -2416 Pacific Avenue-
Balsa Wood, approximately 24 pounds.
VELZY and JACOB
10ft.x 22'' Wide
History of Velzy and Jacobs:
Velzy Jacobs Surfboards:
- This board is a collaboration between two legendary surfboard shapers: Dale Velzy and Hap Jacobs.
- The brand existed for only a few years during the mid- to late-1950s.
- Velzy Jacobs Surfboards was one of the leading surfboard labels of its time until its abrupt closure in 1959 (reportedly due to Velzy being behind on his taxes!).
- After the closure, Velzy continued producing boards under his name, using a slightly modified version of the logo without Jacobs’ name.
- The logo itself is iconic and recognizable, representing a significant era in surfboard design.
- The board you’re interested in dates back to 1957, pre-dating the golden years of longboard design1.
Shaper Dream Team:
- Velzy Jacobs Surfboards boasted an insane roster of shapers.
- Imagine this: Bing Copeland, Donald Takayama, Carl Ekstrom, Harold Ige, Mike Diffenderfer, Pat Curren, Renny Yater, and Rick Stoner all passed through Velzy Jacobs Surfboards at some point.
- These craftsmen collectively shaped some of the most sought-after boards in surf history. Their legacy is truly mind-boggling1.
The Board Itself:
regarding pick up: if other arrangements are needed- we might be able to accommodate.
**If you end up using our muscle, a tip is appreciated**
PLEASE READ BEFORE BIDDING:
-Reminder: Sales tax and Buyers premium is added to invoices- Please bid accordingly
-MUST BRING OWN HELP with Moving heavy items, dolly, boxes, packing supplies, tools, etc.
-Prepayment is required by Thursday 6pm to hold your items.
-Pick up is Saturday 8:30am-12:30pm ONLY.
-ALL SALES ARE FINAL- Please inspect your items before leaving the property.
THESE ITEMS ARE LOCATED IN SUNLAKES GATED COMMUNITY- BUYERS NAME WILL BE AT THE GATE- PLEASE BE PATIENT AT THE GATE